Toro Headline News
We are committed to keeping our Toro Nation informed. Please check back often for announcements and to share in our successes on the field.
We are so excited to announce we can have Toro Fans at our games.
However, it will look very different from years past so please read on for more details.
Attendance will be limited at all three team levels - an adjustment may be made later in the season if possible.
- Each football/cheer/pom athlete will be allowed to purchase four (4) tickets in advance to our home games.
- Tickets for games played at other Mesa Schools will be available for purchase also, the quantity may be less.
- Tickets for games played at non Mesa Schools have yet to be determined.
- Tickets must be purchased prior to the game through GoFan (information provided next week).
- There will be no cash purchases of tickets at the gate. You simply bring your cell phone with the GoFan ticket to be verified at the entrance gate.
- Masks are required and must be worn at all times on Mesa School grounds.
- The bleachers will be set up to promote social distancing.
- There will be no concessions at the games. We encourage you to bring your own drinking water.
Games will be live-streamed on the NFHS Network on a paid subscription basis.
- Annual pass - $69.99
- Month Pass - $10.99/month
Visit NFHS website - Search for Mountain View High School - Mesa - Mesa, AZ, and subscribe and follow.
Due to safety protocols in place by AIA and MPS, field access is limited to current coaches, faculty, and administration for both schools only. This is a change that will be strictly enforced.
Mark your calendars for September 29, 2020, and take a night off of cooking! Come support Toro Football at Chipotle Mexican Grill from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. at 1229 E McKellips Road Ste. 102.
You can go to the store, and show your cashier a digital flyer prior to paying, or show the cashier a paper flyer prior to paying. You may order online and pickup Chipotle by using the promo code: FTCFJYG on the Chipotle app or website. This code is only good during the hours of the fundraiser, and at the same location as the fundraiser.
Tell all your family and friends to support Toro Football. It's a great cause, and you can take a night off from the kitchen! For more information, please view our flyer.
AIA made some changes to the fall sports schedule. Check out these updates.
- First Official Practice - September 7
- First Competition - September 30–October 3
- Championships - December 11 & 12
- Practice will remain on the same time frame for now
- We will have an eight-game season
- We do not have an updated schedule from AIA yet, we will post that as soon as we receive one.
- We will not have a bye week - there will be practice and games the week of MPS October Break.
We will be reminding the players to stay vigilant of their school work during remote learning, we would appreciate your help with this as well. Class attendance and school work is not optional during this time. We are excited to begin football and looking forward to a successful season; we want all of our athletes to be eligible to participate.
Upcoming Important Dates:
*as with everything lately, these dates might change
- September 30 - First Freshman Football game - 2020 season - Go Toros!
- October 1 - First JV Football game - 2020 season - Go Toros!
- October 2 - First Varsity Football game - 2020 season - Go Toros!
Again, we appreciate your support of Toro Football and your Toro Football Player!
We will continue to send updates as we receive them.